John W. Gill, CMC, City Clerk
Larry Sessions, City Manager
City of Live Oak, Florida

101 White Avenue Southeast
Live Oak, Florida 32064
Phone: (386) 362-2276
Fax: (386) 362-4305

Disclaimer: According to Florida Public Records Law, email correspondence to and from the City of Live Oak, including email addresses and other personal information, is public record and must be made available to the public and media upon request, unless otherwise exempt by the Public Records Law. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Natural Gas

Natural gas is billed in units used (1unit = 100 cu. Foot).

The rate varies monthly, based upon the gas supplier’s charge to the City. 

If natural gas is available and there is a meter, the monthly minimum charge for maintenance is:

$9.00 Residential
$25.00 Commercial

City of Live Oak Public Safety Reminder About Natural Gas

The City of Live Oak would like to remind you about how to recognize natural gas and the proper procedures to follow if a gas leak is detected. Natural gas is a colorless, odorless fuel. To make natural gas recognizable, a chemical is added to give it a distinctive pungent odor. Some say the smell reminds them of rotten eggs. Any time you suspect a gas leak or gas emergency, evacuate the premises and call 9-1-1 immediately from a safe location.

  • DO NOT turn any electronics on or off, light any matches, smoke, or create any other type of combustion.
  • Extinguish all open flames. DO NOT ring doorbells, use telephones, start your car or any other engine.
  • Turn off gas supply if safe and feasible to do so.
  • Stay away from the area.
  • If you smell gas or suspect there is a leak indoors or outdoors contact 9-1-1 immediately.
  • Keep all appliances clean, properly vented, and serviced regularly.
  • Make sure everyone in your family knows how to operate gas appliances and shut-off valves.
  • Never use an open gas oven to heat your home or dry clothes.
  • Don’t use or store gasoline, aerosols, or other products with flammable vapors near gas appliances.
  • Whenever changing your furnace filter, be sure to replace the compartment door.
  • Never cover fresh air vents that supply air to your gas appliances.
  • Have all gas line alterations and appliance repairs performed by a professional.
  • Prior to digging in the street, right-of-way, or private property, call for underground utility locations (811).
  • Write your fire and police department phone numbers and our emergency service number somewhere convenient for you.

Natural gas is a dependable, efficient, clean and economical energy source. However, when you burn gas or any fuel, carbon monoxide can be produced by lack of air, improperly working appliances or bad fuel connections. Your safety is our concern. Natural gas has an outstanding safety record and the City of Live Oak is working to keep it that way.